Poverty is a significant problem in India since Independence. The Indian government is taking steps towards poverty to remove them from the nation. The Indian government is providing financial help to the over family and give them financial and education support. This is a very excellent step to remove poverty from the nation.
The government launching scheme related to people who belong to the below the poverty line in the country. People below the poverty line get more benefits from the governments to survive in the nation. Today, we will talk about one of the schemes that are launched by the Indian government to provide help to the BPL (Below poverty line) family.
Pradhan Mantri Modi Launched a scheme to provide LPG gas connection to the women whose family belongs to BPL. To identify the Below poverty line family, the government gave the identifying card to that family.
The family who has the BPL card belongs to the BPL family. TO help these women by providing LPG connection, Pradhan Mantri Modi has launched the scheme called Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana (PMUY). This scheme has found by the Indian government on 1st May 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. In this article, we will provide you the information about this scheme, application process, registration procedure, etc.
About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a centrally funded scheme. That means the government of India provides the fund of this scheme. This scheme aims to provide five crores (50 million) LPG connection to the family who belongs to below poverty line(BPL). Along with the LPG connection.
The government will help financially to the BPL family by giving support of Rs. 1600 to each connection. As far as we know that the central government funds this scheme, the budget of 8000 crores is allocated to this scheme.
This scheme was launched in 2016. Since then, millions of families got the benefits of this scheme. There are 715 districts in the country, in which the scheme is active and covers the benefits of the family. We can say that the main objective of this scheme is to supply clean fuel in the form of LPG to the family below the poverty line who does not have the gas connection.
This scheme is also helping the women of the family in the cooking procedure. With the help of clean fuel, Women can make food very quickly and without affecting their throat. This will directly empower women. This scheme will also help women to protect their health against the smoke released from dirty fuel.
The cash amount of Rs.1600/- is also given to the BPL family. Under the PMUJY scheme, the applicant can take a loan for the LPC stove. Till today, the government has provided millions of connection to the family who really needs this.
Next, over the years, the government will expand this scheme to give the advantage of this scheme over the nation. The guidelines of the scheme may also be changed by the government to provide more and more benefits to the people of the country.
PM Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility & Selection of Beneficiary
If any family wants to take advantage of this scheme, then they have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the scheme, and that has to fit in the beneficiary list. Here, I will give you the information about the eligibility conditions of this scheme and provide you information about the criteria.
- To take advantage of this scheme, the family should have adult women and without an LPG connection in the house.
- If any person wants to take advantage of this scheme, then the age of that person will also be considered. The age of the applicant should not less than 18 years.
- The necessary criterion is that the applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The connection will provide to the family on the name of the woman.
- If any family has already taken the benefits of the scheme, then the advantage of any other similar scheme will not be given to the applicant.
- The identity of this scheme will be done from the SECC2011 list or BPL household from the following seven categories.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) (Gramin)
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
Most Backward Classes (MBC)
Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes
People residing in the River Islands
The criteria, as mentioned earlier, are according to the guidelines of the scheme. However, the eligibility criteria will be published by the concerned authority of India. The scheme is launched by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Documents To be Provided
To apply in this scheme, you need to give some documents to the government for verification purposes. Here, I will provide you with the list of the document that is necessary for the scheme to get benefits from the government. Make sure that the document that you show to the government is valid and authentic. The list of the document is given below:
- BPL Certificate issued by the Municipality Chairman (urban region)/ Panchayat Pradhan (rural area)
- One Photo Identity proof (Aadhaar Card or Voter ID)
- BPL Ration Card
- Aadhaar no. of all the members of the family
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Address Proof
- 14 points Declaration in the prescribed format and duly signed by the applicant
- Jandhan Bank Account details/ Bank Passbook
How to Apply for PMUY Ujjawala Yojana?
If you want to take advantage of this scheme, then first you have to apply to this scheme. Here, I will give you the step by step information about how to apply in this scheme.
- First, you have to fill the application form of this scheme. If you want to fill the application form, then you have to visit the official website: https://pmuy.gov.in.
- You have to visit the official website of this scheme, and you should download the application form of the scheme.
- After downloading the application form, you have to fill the details that are required in the application form. Make sure that the details of the application form that you have given are authentic and valid.
- Then you have to submit the application form on the website.
- You will be issued an LPG connection by the government.