Present-time image manipulation programs employ AI-based technology for automated, high-quality processing. Upscaling tools not only resize pictures, but also improve poor resolution and enhance overall image quality.
Upscaling your pictures does not have to be complicated, and you don’t need image editing skills to upgrade and enlarge your files. A free online image upscaler like the one https://depositphotos.com/upscaler.html is a perfect solution. Read on to learn the benefits of the AI-powered upscaling process and discover details about popular web-based tools.
Why choose the AI image upscaling method
There are two methods of enlarging images: basic upscaling and AI upscaling. Basic upscaling means simply stretching an image to fit a bigger display. Apart from increasing resolution, the editing program will copy-paste pixels from well-defined areas to places that need adjustment. As a result, the picture can often look blurred and muted on a big screen.
The AI upscaling method is based on a smart algorithm previously trained on thousands of images. Therefore, it will know where and how to fill the gaps with missing pixels. Generally, the algorithm will study a new image, predict how the missing parts should look, and proceed to recreate them. Unlike low-quality results of basic upscaling, the AI-magnified picture will often be highly accurate, detailed, and sharp.
How to upscale images without losing quality
Creators can be tempted to increase the size of their average-quality images by dragging their outer edges or simply increasing the resolution numbers. Therefore, the produced result can look blurry or distorted. Moreover, when you manipulate your raster JPEG images too often, each newly saved file will lose quality. Instead of the original, average-looking image, you might have a bad-quality picture.
Learning how to expertly upscale your pictures manually will take time and effort. However, if you need fast, high-quality results, you can process your photo using AI-powered upscalers. It’s hard to go wrong using AI-based online tools, so it is recommended to stick to that method if you are a beginner editor or creator.
The top three online photo upscalers
#1 Depositphotos Image Upscaler
The fully automated image enlarger by Depositphotos is a popular AI-based upscaling tool. It doesn’t charge any fees, and you just need to create a free account to download final upscaled images. It works with JPG and JPEG formats, and the original image size limit is 15 MB. This upscaling tool can produce HD-quality pictures for print, collages, or advertising.
To upscale your image using the Depositphotos tool, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Depositphotos website and find the Free Image Upscaler in the Tools section (top menu bar).
- Click on “Upload Image” or drag and drop your file onto the web page.
- Wait a few seconds for the tool to process your visual.
- Compare the original version to the resized picture.
- Click on “Download” to save your enlarged, high-quality image.
#2 Icons8 Smart Upscaler
This tool edits files in JPG and PNG formats, with a maximum size of 5 MB. The smart upscaler can resize images up to 7680x7680px. However, there are limits to the free tool version: you can process only three pictures for free, and the downloaded files will have watermarks. To get rid of watermarks and be able to enlarge an unlimited amount of images, you can upgrade to one of the moderately priced subscriptions or batch packages.
Follow these steps to upscale your image in the Icons8 Smart Upscaler:
- Go to the Icons8 website and scroll down to find the Smart Upscaler.
- Click on “Browse” to upload your image, or drag and drop the file onto the page.
- Compare the original image on the left to the resized version on the right.
- Click on “Download” to save the watermarked, upscaled file.
- Click on the “Remove watermark” button to upgrade to the paid subscription if needed.
#3 VanceAI Image Enlarger
This freemium online image enlarger is user-friendly and can increase up to 800% of your image resolution. You just need to create a free account to try it out. VanceAI enlarger works with JPEG, PNG, and JPG images weighing up to 5 MB. The upscaled pictures have enhanced, accurate details and adjusted colors. The free tool version allows you to enlarge several monthly images and download them with watermarks.
To use VanceAI Image Enlarger, proceed with the following steps:
- Go to the Vance AI website and click the “Start Now” button.
- Click on the image uploading area to add your picture to the program, or drag and drop it onto the page.
- Select the AI Image Enlarger feature on the right side of the screen and click the “Start to Process” button.
- Wait a few seconds for the tool to process your visual and download your watermarked, upscaled picture.
To get rid of watermarks and increase the limit of images you want to process, go back to the main page and click on Pricing to purchase a preferred plan.
Using free, AI-powered image upscalers allows you to quickly process your visuals online and get pro-quality results in seconds. You don’t need professional skills or a large budget to manipulate your photos. Explore several web-based tools to choose the right one for your needs, and start creating eye-catching projects using HD upscaled images.