The PS4 has a broken HDMI port. It is not possible to use the console without an external device. The issue with the broken HDMI port on the PS4 can be fixed by replacing the internal HDMI cable with a new one, but this will require disassembling the console and removing some of its parts.
The ps4 HDMI port repair kit is a product that has been designed to fix broken HDMI ports. It is a set of various tools, including screwdrivers and adapters.
This Video Should Help:
If your Playstation 4 HDMI port is not working correctly, or if it’s broken, don’t panic! There are a few easy steps you can take to get it fixed. Here are the instructions:
1. Make sure the power is turned on to your Playstation 4 and TV.
2. Connect each end of the HDMI cable to the appropriate ports on both devices.
3. Reset your PS4 by holding the button on the front of the system for several seconds until you see a blue light turn off, then release it.
4. Select “Settings” from the main menu and select “HDMI.” If your device shows a yellow icon next to its name, this means that there is an issue with its HDMI connection and will need to be repaired before gameplay can resume; in most cases, however, this step can be skipped without any adverse effects (though future updates may still require that you repair your connection).
5. Select “Input” and make sure that “PlayStationufffd4 (Controller) / TV” is selected as your input source; if not, select it now and hit OK.
6. Highlight “TV” in the list below and press X/A together to close out of all other menus; now press Down on the PlayStationufffd4 controller two times quickly (as if you were about to start recording something), then hit Left/Right on PlayStationufffd4 controller three times quickly (to move up or down one screen).
7. Press Up on the PlayStationufffd4 controller twice quickly (to go back to one screen), then highlight “Video Output” in the list below and press X/A together again to open up that menu; now select “HDMI Output 2”.
8. Hit Right/Left on PlayStation_controller four times quickly (to go forward or backward through screens) – once you reach the screen where your game should be playing, stop pressing buttons altogether so that selection becomes permanent!.
9. (Optional) If you want optimum quality video output while playing games, connect an external graphics adapter such as those found in many PC gaming machines – though note that doing so will likely disable some features of PS4 like Picture-in-Picture mode, which allows users watch different videos at once while playing games.
10. Finally, reconnect both ends of your HDMI cable to their original ports on either device and enjoy beautiful high-definition footage with no problems whatsoever!
How to fix a broken HDMI port on PS4
If you’re lucky enough to have a PlayStation 4 still working, you might have noticed that the HDMI port is a bit finicky. The slightest bump or knock can cause the HDMI signal to drop out, which can be frustrating if you’re in the middle of playing a game or watching a movie.
There are two main ways to fix a broken HDMI port on PS4: either by replacing the port yourself or by sending it off to Sony for repair.
Replacing the HDMI port yourself is relatively simple and only requires a few tools, but it will void your warranty. If you’d instead not take that risk, then your best bet is to send it off to Sony for repair.
The downside is that this will likely cost more than $100 and could take several weeks, but at least you won’t have to worry about voiding your warranty.
The cost of repairing a broken HDMI port on a PS4
If you need a PS4 HDMI port repair, you may wonder how much it will cost. The answer, unfortunately, isn’t as straightforward as we would like, as the cost will vary depending on the severity of the damage and where you take it to be repaired.
However, we can give you a rough estimate of what you can expect to pay for a PS4 HDMI port repair. For minor damage, such as a loose connection or bent pins, you can expect to pay around $50-$100 for the repair. If the damage is more severe, such as a broken or damaged port, the cost will be closer to $150-$200.
Of course, these are just estimates, and the final cost will depend on the situation. If you’re worried about the cost of repairing your PS4 HDMI port, then your best bet is to take it to a professional and get an estimate before having any work done.
The cost of replacing a broken HDMI port on a PS4
If you’re looking to get your PlayStation 4’s HDMI port repaired, it’ll likely cost you around $140. According to a few popular gaming console repair shops, that’s the average repair cost. The price could be lower if you have an older model PS4 or are willing to do the repair yourself.
As for where to get the repair done, there are a few options. You could bring it into a local game store, and they’ll send it off to be repaired, or you could go straight to the manufacturer.
Sony offers a PlayStation 4 repair service that will fix most hardware issues, including a broken HDMI port. The cost of this service is $149.99 plus shipping and handling.
If you’re not comfortable paying that much for the repair or if your warranty has expired, a few other options are available. You could check out iFixit for step-by-step instructions on how to replace the HDMI port yourself.
Or, if you’d leave it to the professionals, several independent repair shops specialize in fixing gaming consoles. Search for “PS4repair” or “Xbox One Repair” and find one in your area.
How to replace a broken HDMI port on PS4
If your HDMI port is broken, don’t despair! There are a few ways to replace it. The first thing you’ll need to do is find a replacement HDMI port. You can buy these online or at an electronics store. Once you have the replacement part, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1) First, turn off your PS4 and unplug all the cables from the back of the console.
2) Next, remove the hard drive bay cover by unscrewing the two screws on the back of the PS4 (above where the HDMI port is located).
3) With the hard drive bay cover removed, locate the black screw near the top-left corner of the system’s motherboard. This screw must be removed to release the heat sink assembly and access the HDMI port.
Using a Phillips #0 screwdriver, loosen but do not remove this black screw.
4) Pull up on both ends of the heat sink assembly until it comes free from its socket on the motherboard. Be careful not to damage any surrounding components while removing the heat sink assembly.
5) Withtheheat sink assembly removed, you should now be able to see and access the themotherboard’sHDMIport(as well as other essential components like the APU and RAM).
6) If your new HDMI port came with thermal paste pre-applied, skip ahead to Step 10. Otherwise, apply a small amount of thermal paste to the contact points on thenewHDMIport(shown below). A pea-sized drop will usually suffice.
7) Carefully alignthenewHDMIportwith its socket on the motherboard and gently press it into place until it clicks into position (be sure not to over tighten as this could damage the new part, the motherboard itself).
8) Reattach the heat sink assembly by lining up its four screw holes with their respective mounts on the motherboard and tightening down securely with your Phillips#0screwdriver; do not overtighten!
9) Once everything is securely stored inside your PS4, replace the hard drive bay cover by line in gup the two-screw holes and tighten down with your Phillips#0screwdriver; again, do not overtighten!
How to fix a broken HDMI port on PS4 Slim
If you’re unfortunate enough to have a broken HDMI port on your PS4 Slim, don’t despair – it’s not as challenging to fix as you might think. The first thing you need to do is purchase a replacement HDMI port. You can find these online or at your local electronics store. Once you have the replacement part, simply follow these instructions:
1. Power down your PS4 Slim and unplug all cables from the back of the console.
2. Using a small Phillips head screwdriver, remove the four screws that secure the hard drive bay cover on the back of the console. Remove the cover and set it aside.
3. Locate the HDMI port on the main board inside the console (it will be clearly labeled). Using a soldering iron, carefully melt each of the four solder points holding the port. Be careful not to overheat the surrounding area or damage any other components on the board!
4. Gently wiggle/pull out the old HDMI port from its socket on the board and replace it with your new one, being careful not to touch any of the other sensitive components nearby.
5. Carefully solder each of four corners of
The cost of repairing a broken HDMI port on PS4 Slim
If you’re lucky enough to have a PS4 Slim, then you know that it’s a pretty great console. But even the best consoles can have their problems, and one of the most common issues with the PS4 Slim is a broken HDMI port.
If your HDMI port is broken, it can be pretty frustrating, especially if you don’t know how to fix it or how much it will cost to replace the HDMI port on your PS4 Slim.
Luckily, we’ve got some answers for you. Below, we’ll go over everything you need to know about replacing a broken HDMI port on your PS4 Slim, including what causes this problem in the first place and how much it will cost you to get it fixed.
What Causes a Broken HDMI Port on PS4 Slim?
There are a few different things that can cause a broken HDMI port on your PS4 Slim. One of the most common causes is simply wearing and tear. The more you use your console, the more likely it is that something like this will happen.
However, other factors can contribute to a broken HDMI port as well, such as:
-Using an improper or unsupported cable – This is one of the most common reasons why people end up with a broken HDMI port on their PS4 Slim.
Make sure you’re using an official Sony PlayStation 4HDMI cable when connecting your console to your TV or monitor; using another type of cable could damage the port.
-Bumping or dropping your console – Unfortunately, accidents happen. If you drop your PS4 Slim or bump it around too much, there’s a chance that you could damage the HDMI port (or any other part of the console).
-Improperly inserting/removing cables – Another common mistake people make is not correctly inserting or removing cables from their ports; if you yank out an HDMI cable without unplugging it first, for example, there’s a good chance you could damage the port.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Broken HDMI Port On My PS4 SLIM?
The short answer is “it depends.” The cost of replacing a broken HDMI port
The cost of replacing a broken HDMI port on PS4 Slim
If your PS4 Slim console is experiencing audio or video issues, it may be due to a faulty HDMI port. While replacing a broken HDMI port can vary depending on the repair shop you visit, the average cost for this repair ranges between $60 and $80.
When searching for “PS4 HDMI port repair near me”, remember that some repair shops may not offer this service, so it’s always best to call ahead and ask.
Additionally, if you’re handy with tools and are looking to save money, a few online tutorial videos are showing how to replace a broken HDMI port on PS4 Slim consoles.
How to replace a broken HDMI port on PS4 Slim
If you’re lucky enough to own a PlayStation 4 Slim, you may have noticed that it’s a bit more delicate than the original model. A broken HDMI port is one of the most common issues with the PS4 Slim.
This can be caused by anything from using an incompatible HDMI cable to simply jostling the console too much. If your PS4 Slim’s HDMI port is damaged, don’t despair – there are ways to repair it!
The first step is to find a reputable Playstation repair shop in your area. Many stores that sell video games also offer repairs, so this should be easy to do. Once you’ve found a store, take your PS4 Slim and explain the problem. The staff should be able to give you a quote for the cost of the repair.
In most cases, replacing the HDMI port on a PS4 Slim will cost between $60 and $80. However, if you’re not comfortable paying for professional repairs, some DIY options are available. With time and patience, you can replace the HDMI port on your own!
There are several tutorials available online that show how to replace the HDMI port on a PS4 Slim. These can be helpful if you’re not sure what tools you need or how to disassemble your console.
Just remember – if you attempt repairs on your own, there’s always a risk that you could make things worse. So weigh your options carefully before deciding whether or not to tackle this project yourself!
How to fix a broken HDMI port on PS4 Pro
If you’re unfortunate enough to have a broken HDMI port on your PS4 Pro, don’t despair – it’s not as challenging to fix as you might think. There are a few different ways to go about it, and we’ll run through them all so you can choose the best option.
The first thing to do is assess the damage. If the port is simply loose and/or bent, then it’s possible that you can just straighten it out with a pair of tweezers or a small screwdriver.
Be careful not to apply too much pressure, as this could worsen the problem. You’ll need to replace the port if it looks damaged beyond repair.
There are two ways to do this: soldering in a new port or replacing the entire motherboard. The latter is more expensive and time-consuming, so we wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re confident in your soldering skills (or know someone who is).
For everyone else, we recommend taking your PS4 Pro to a professional repairs service like iFixit – they’ll be able to replace the HDMI port quickly and easily and will likely charge less than $100 for the job.
The cost of repairing a broken HDMI port on PS4 Pro
If you’re looking to get your PS4 Pro’s HDMI port repaired, you may wonder how much it will cost. Here’s a breakdown of the potential costs, depending on the severity of the damage and where you take it to be repaired.
If the damage is minor and only requires a simple soldering job, you can expect to pay around $30-$50. If the damage is more severe and requires replacing the entire HDMI port assembly, you’re looking at a repair bill of $150-$200.
Of course, these prices will vary depending on your location and where you take it to be repaired. If you live in a major city, you can expect to pay on the higher end of the spectrum. And if you have a warranty or extended protection plan, that could cover some or all of the cost.
So if your PS4 Pro’s HDMI port is damaged, don’t despair – it can be fixed! Just be prepared to shell out some cash for the repair.
The “ps4 HDMI port bent pins” is a problem many ps4 owners have. The fix for the issue is to take apart the ps4 and straighten out the bent pins on the back of the ps4.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to fix a broken HDMI port on PS4?
What do I do if my HDMI port is broken?
How do you fix a broken port on PS4?
Can you play PS4 through aux?
Why does my PS4 Pro not turn on?
Can the HDMI port be damaged?
How do I know if my HDMI port is damaged?
How much does it cost to fix the HDMI port on the TV?
How many HDMI ports does a PS4 have?
Table of Contents