India is a developing nation in the world, and it is a developing economy in the world. India has the highest market in the world. We all know about these things about India. But there is something that we do not know about India that the gender quality of India. India has the lowest sex ratio in the world.
According to the 2011 senses, we can say that the equality between man and woman is not right in India. However, there is. Article -19 of the constitution of India gives equality to men and women. But in real India, there is a lack of equality.
The Indian government is trying to increase gender equality in the nation. There is a difference between the salary of men and women for the same work. The wages of men is higher than the salary of women for the same position.
The woman has to do more work than men for the same salary. We all need to decrease gender inequality in our life. We should not keep the gender bias in any field of work.
The Indian government is trying to take some steps to take toward gender equality. The government is announcing some type of scheme that is related to women. The scheme should give benefits to women. The scheme that encourages the parents of the girl to provide study and make educated to that girl child.
Here, we will talk about one of the schemes that our Indian government has launched called Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. In this article, I will give you comprehensive information about the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. I will list the benefits of this scheme and provide you with information about how to apply in this scheme.
About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is one type of saving scheme launched by the Government of India. The scheme was established in 2014. The Ministry of women and child welfare, the government of India, has launched this scheme to take care of the girl child and take the ration of girls born is up in the country. This scheme is found as a part of the “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign.
The main aim of this scheme is to encourage the parents of the girl child to save the money in the bank account for the higher education of the girl. This scheme is launched to maximize the fund to meet the marriage expenses of the girl child.
Under this scheme, nature and a legal guardian of the girl child can open the account in any authorized bank on behalf of the girl child. The natural parent or a legal guardian can open an account in the post office also. This scheme applies to all populations of India.
I will give you complete information about this scheme. The full name of the scheme is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana(SSY). This scheme is related to the saving of funds of the girl child for further education on high interest given by the government. This scheme is still in active mode. That means you can also take advantage of this scheme in today’s date.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna:
This scheme is one type of saving scheme. This will save money or fund for the higher education of the girl child. This scheme will give an advantage at the age of 18 of the girl to provide the expanses of their higher education or marriage expenses. Here, I will provide the main benefits of this scheme if you have taken part in this scheme. The advantage is as follows:
- The government will give tax benefits to the parent of the girl child. That means when the parent of the girl child will save the money in the bank account under this scheme, the tax on the amount of bank account is benefited under the section of 80C of income tax.
- The interest rate of this account under this scheme is higher than the other interest in the market.
- If you open the account in this scheme, then the minimum amount that you have deposited over the year is to law, i.e.Rs 200/-.
- If any parent of the girl’s child has a transferable job in India and they have transferred to other places, then this account also transferable across India.
- At the age of 10 years of the girl child, if she wants, then she can operate her account on her own.
- The scheme has not required many documents to get benefits. It has minimum documents required to take advantage of the scheme.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana online apply:
To take advantage of this scheme, you have to apply for this scheme. You can apply in this scheme by opening an account on behalf of the girl child’s name. Parents are also allowed to take the benefits of this scheme if any girl child is born in your family. Guardians can open an account in any authorized bank across the country.
The one thing that is kept in mind that the most required document that you have to give to the bank employee to open this account is the birth certificate of the girl child. The parent or deposited can operate only one account on behalf of the girl child for ten years.
After 10 years, if a girl child wants to manage this account on her own, then she can do the same. The parent or guardians of the girl is allowed to operate a maximum of two accounts under this scheme. More than two accounts are not allowed to open under this scheme.
Sukanaya Samriddhi Yojana Interest
The parents or guardians of the girl will get the highest interest rate on their deposit of the account in the bank or post office. The current interest rate for 1st April 2020 -1st June 2020 is 7.6%.
Sukanaya Samriddhi Documents Required
- Account opening form- to be obtained from the respective bank.
- Identity proof of legal guardian/parent- It can include PAN, Passport, matriculation certificate, voter ID, driving license, or any other ID proof issued by the government of India.
- Address proof of parent/guardian- It can include PAN card, passport, Voter ID card, ration card, electricity bill, telephone bill, or any other proof of address issued by the Government of India.
- Birth certificate of a girl child.