How to Update EPFO-KYC Online?
For helping subscribers of EPF make use of online services such as claiming withdrawals and applying for loans against PF, the EPFO has made rapid progress related to updating KYC (Know Your Customer) data of all its members/subscribers throughout recent months. As of July 2020 itself, the Government had confirmed that the EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation) attained success in updating a whopping 2.39 lakh Aadhar numbers along with 4.28 lakh mobile phone numbers in tandem with 5.26 lakh bank account numbers for the UAN of EPFO subscribers. This statement was issued by the Union Ministry of Labor and Employment, indicating the growing digitization preferences of subscribers in recent times.
The organization has endeavored for extending the overall reach and availability of online services to customers. As a result, it has been swiftly upgrading KYC information for enabling all subscribers to avail of essential services via the online mode itself. Updating KYC is just a one-time procedure that enables verification of the identity of all subscribers via linking of the UAN (Universal Account Number) with KYC information. Updating the KYC will enable members to get access to online solutions/services via the unified member portal accordingly. This will save time, energy, and hassles greatly while enabling access to everything at one’s fingertips as well.
Online claims may be readily filed for ensuring final withdrawals and advances. KYC details include employee data such as the Aadhar, PAN, and bank account information alike. If the details have still not been updated for the EPFO Member Portal, it should be completed by visiting the UAN portal of the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). This is readily available for your perusal.
Updating EPFO KYC Online – A Guide
For readily updating or simply changing the KYC (Know Your Customer) information on the UAN EPFO portal, members will have to provide their Universal Account Number (UAN) likewise, keep the UAN handy with you and make sure that you have successfully done your UAN registration. Members may readily log in to the EPFO UAN website before getting the KYC updated. This can be done by simply uploading all vital documents online without any hitches. The entire procedure is simple and convenient without taking up a lot of your time in the bargain.
The simple procedure for getting KYC details updated is given below for your perusal:
- Login to the EPF account via the password and UAN alike.
- In the section called Manage, you should click on the option called KYC from the drop-down menu section.
- You will have to fill up information including the Aadhar, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Election Card, Ration Card, and Bank Account details in this form among other crucial information parameters.
- You should now tick the box in front of the document that you wish to get updated.
- Enter your document number and name-based upon the document in question.
- Added information like the IFSC (in case of bank information) and expiry date (in case of Driving License and Passport) should also be provided by the user.
- Click on Save thereafter for taking the process forward.
- If you do not wish to have your details updated, after all, the KYC procedure may be swiftly canceled through clicking X which is the sign marked against this document.
- The details will then be verified by the EPFO based upon the data given by the concerned official department.
- Post matching of the details successfully, the document will be marked as verified likewise. This completes the process successfully.
Embedding KYC information within EPF UAN
Once the details have been verified by the employer, he/she will be attesting to the document digitally. Post-approval of these documents, EPFO authorities will be verifying the document approved with a view towards checking for discrepancies, mismatches, and other issues. If the documents do not get approval, you may reach out to the helpline number of the EPFO which is 1800 118 005, or email them at [email protected]. Post completion of this procedure, once you raise your claim, the verification procedure will be completed in quick time and personal KYC information will get embedded into the EPF UAN framework itself.
You should carefully file all KYC document details while making sure that discrepancies do not exist in terms of details entered from the KYC documents. These include driving license, passport, PAN card, Aadhar card, and others. Post uploading documents, the approval procedure from the employer will span approximately 2-3 days on average. EPFO members who possess their KYC information embedded into this portal mostly get their transfers, claims, and withdrawals approved much quicker and the procedure is easier for both employers and employees as well. This is a major advantage, to say the least. As a result, getting proper KYC (Know Your Customer) procedures implemented properly is highly essential for all vital functions.