Get a FASTag monthly pass, it helps!
Paying toll tax in India has become more convenient since the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) introduced FASTag. Based on RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Technology), FASTag enables a seamless, digitized toll tax payment across all toll booths in India. Following the Government of India’s decision to make it mandatory for all vehicle owners to affix a FASTag on their windshield starting 1st December 2019. Not having a FASTag on your car’s windshield is now a traffic violation.
This article discusses the significance and functionality of a “FASTag monthly pass” and provides the reader with methods to recharge it.
What is FASTag?
A FASTag is a rechargeable tag that sticks on the windshield of a car or a truck that facilitates an online toll payment while passing through a toll plaza. FASTags use RFID to enable electronic toll payment while the vehicle is in motion. You must pass through a FASTag lane at the toll booth to pay your tax digitally.
What is a FASTag monthly pass?
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and the Ministry of Road Transport have brought the concept of “FASTag monthly passes” to encourage the payment of toll taxes via digital payment methods across India. You can avail of your FASTag monthly pass at any toll plaza in India or by contacting the acquiring bank. IDFC FIRST Bank, for instance, offers FASTag monthly passes with an auto-renewal option through its FASTag app.
How to avail of a FASTag monthly pass and recharge it?
Any existing FASTag user can avail of a FASTag monthly pass by following the below-mentioned procedure:
- Run a search for the terms “NHAI portal” via your preferred search engine or visit the site: www.nhai.gov.in. Look for the “FASTag monthly pass” option and click the link.
- Select the name of the toll plaza and enter the captcha. It will now redirect you to your acquiring bank’s page.
- Enter your Tag ID or VRN (Vehicle Registration Number).
- Select the pass type and pass scheme and continue with the payment.
- Print the receipt / download it for future use.
FASTag app features that support a monthly pass
Let us enlist a few features that must be present in your FASTag app:
- The app must be technically sound and have efficient customer service that is approachable instantly. IDFC FIRST Bank FASTag mobile app, for example, has a user-friendly interface and a dedicated customer service team that helps you with any FASTag-related query. Such an app can prove to be efficient on your travels.
- The app must offer fuel discounts and parking payments apart from regular FASTag benefits.
- You must also be able to carry out a FASTag recharge online seamlessly through the app.
Opting for a FASTag monthly pass can help you ease your toll tax payment issues to a great extent. Frequent highway commuters can automatically recharge their tags every month through auto-debit without failing. However, be sure to opt for a FASTag app from a reputed bank that offers efficient digital payment solutions.