This afternoon a Watch Party organized by Zack Snyder on “The Man of Steel”, as it already did at the time with “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”.
The expectation was maximum because obviously we have Snyder live talking about the DC movies, so it was expected any comment on when we could see the requested Snyder Cut from “League of Justice”. It seemed that the announcement was not going to take place, and even Snyder threw footballs out by asking him directly – his words at the end of the entry – but then it became official: The Snyder Cut is coming to HBO Max in 2021.
What edition format is still in the air, if the director’s four-hour version or if we will talk about six “chapters” as if it were the television format. Yes it seems that the director will meet with the original post-production team to record, cut and finish the visual effects. This will require about 20-30 million dollars.
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut. Only on HBO Max 2021. @ZackSnyder https://t.co/cfXCK1B6pA pic.twitter.com/hqeA9i7tTL
– HBO Max (@hbomax) May 20, 2020
There is an official statement, and even statements from the main executives, including Zack Snyder himself:
I want to thank HBO Max and Warner Brothers for this brave gesture of supporting the artists and allowing their true visions to come true, ”says director Zack Snyder. Also a special thanks to everyone involved in the SnyderCut movement for making this a reality.
It will be a whole new thing, and, especially talking to those who have seen the movie released, a new experience apart from that movie. They probably saw a quarter of what I did.
Since I came here 14 months ago, singing to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut has been a daily drumming in our offices and mailboxes. Fans have asked, and we are delighted to finally meet. After all, it’s about them and we’re beyond excited to be able to release Zack’s last vision for this film in 2021. This could never have happened if it weren’t for the hard work and combined efforts of the HBO Max and Warner Bros. Pictures teams, says Robert Greenblatt, President of Warner Media Entertainment and Direct-to-Consumer.
When Zack and Debbie shared the extraordinary vision of where Zack wanted to lead the Justice League, my team and our Warner Bros. counterparts took it on a mission to solve the many problems that stood in the way —said Kevin Reilly, Head of Content from HBO Max, President of TNT, TBS and truTV. Thanks to the partnership at Warner Bros. and the relentless pursuit of the entire WarnerMax team we are able to deliver this incredibly exciting time for Zack, the fans and HBO Max.
Thanks to the efforts of many people, we are excited to bring fans this long-awaited version of the Justice League, ”adds Toby Emmerich, President of the Warner Bros. Pictures Group. This seems like the right time to share Zack’s story, and HBO Max is the perfect platform for it. We are glad that the creative planets have aligned, allowing us #ReleaseTheSnyderCut. ”
Main details of the Man of Steel Watch Party
Below, summarizing the main details that were given about “The Man of Steel”:
- Zack pointed to Krypton’s broken moon as a clue to Doomsday in the future, stating that he is the reason why it is shattered.
- For a time it was suggested that the scenes in Krypton would have been in Kryptonian, with subtitles with the translation.
- Once again that other ship that we see open in the film has advanced, saying that leaving it open was by design to show that a Kryptonian landed on Earth 20,000 years ago and escaped (clear reference to Supergirl?).
- Zack Snyder says that Jor-El generated the colors of the suit while talking to Clark on the ship. Superman’s choice of red and blue is because he is more optimistic and friendlier than the traditional black suit worn by Kryptonians.
- They almost put a Doctor Manhattan cameo on a shot of the surface of Mars that could be seen on one of the movie’s monitors.
- In the question-and-answer event at the end, where actor Henry Cavill has already joined, Zack has answered one about Supergirl, and think that it would be amazing if they introduce the character to the cinema and have their own solo movie. In fact, Zack Snyder had plans for Supergirl, that’s why he planted some clues in “The Man of Steel”, such as that open ship that we previously discussed.
- Finally, on the big issue in question, the Snyder Cut, when asked directly when we will see it, has explained that it really does not have control and does not depend on it. He even gets honest, and says that if it were up to him, he would have already left it on a USB stick in a bathroom somewhere.
Via information | THR | HBO Max